Friday, December 9, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

My nieces, Paula, Pat and Phyllis, were here yesterday and we exchanged gifts.  We try to meet once a month to sew together.  I wish I had taken pictures while they were here!!!!
Pat gave me this beautiful pillow.  They come to McKenzie from Nashville and she has written on the pillow:  "Over the river and through the woods to Aunt Joyce's house we go to sew, sew, sew."   She even stuck a deer behind the tree for David.



And from Paula, a needle holder. 

And from Phyllis, a beautiful box with a cross stitched top:


Can't really read it in the picture, but it says "home is where the heart is".
I am so blessed to have 9 beautiful nieces and  5 handsome nephews!!
I scaled down on decorating this year and like it much better.  Two trees:  the big tree and a small one with hunting and fishing ornaments for David.  And my mother-in-law's old Christmas ornaments (from early 1930s). 






I have a few other knick-knacks around -- my snowmen collection, a ceramic Christmas tree that my daughter made before she died, and my Christmas salt & pepper shakers and two navitiy scenes.  Simple and uncluttered.
  HOPE EVERYONE HAS A  VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment