Sunday, December 16, 2012

Do you ever have a day where you should have stayed in bed????

Wednesday was that kind of day for me.  I am putting together a wallhanging for my grandson's first grade class.  Each student colored a square and all I have to do is put them together.  RIGHT!!!  Their colors are red and blue and had some fabrics.  But then I came up short on the blue for the border, so I'll just make a little evening star block to go in the corners.  But my borders measured 4-1/2" finished.  No problem.  Yeh, right.  To do the star some the measurements were in 1/16ths. So I'll just cut the border down to measure 4" so that will be easy to do.  I get the stars made and the borders sewn on but then I don't have enough of the blue fabric for binding and I don't have enough red fabric for binding so I have to combine the two.  Well, here is the quilt -- all finished:
On this same day, I decided to quilt a little on my quilt.  I quilted a row and felt underneath.  OH NO!!  Tension woes!  It is now like this waiting to be unsewn!
I called Nolting after trying for hours to get it adjusted.   Dan is so patient!  He said it sounded like backlash and to check my backspring.  Well, I have three bobbin cases and only ONE of them has a back spring!!!  Now it is sewing perfectly with that bobbin case.  So I have loaded Debbie's Pie in the Sky quilt and it is ready for me to work on this week.
Life is good when the longarm god is smiling!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a frustrating day. But that quilt for the school looks fantastic. I love the combined binding on it.

    ReplyDelete