Wednesday, May 11, 2011

YIPPEE!!

At last Sherman's March is off the LA and the binding is sewn on -- just waiting to be hand stitched to the backing!!!  I think it took me longer to quilt it than it did Sherman in his march!!  I know everyone is as tired of it as I am but here are the finished results:


I was hoping the back would show the quilting more. 

I have been cutting 2" strips from my fabrics since I saw Judy's (one of our sewing group ladies) finished quilt from Bonnie Hunter called Scrappy Trip Around the World.  Check out the instructions at http://www.quiltville.com/   I work on sewing these strips during my brain dead times -- which happens a lot lately! -- and this is what I have so far:


Actually the instructions call for 2-1/2" strips but Judy used 2" strips and I really, really liked hers so I am a copycat!  OH, my sewing room upstairs is almost finished.  Need to pick up an air conditioner and move my sewing cabinet upstairs, but it is looking good  This is the design wall upstairs.  I'll take pictures when everything is finished.
So, now on to new and better things.  I always look forward to putting a new quilt on the LA because then the fun begins.  I just hope I don't pull out a quilt that cries out for micro work!!!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I, for one, have not been the least bit tired of "Sherman's March"! ;D I think it's amazing and have loved seeing it every time you've shown in. The quilting is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting on Sherman's March. I like scrappy quilts, and I look forward to seeing more of your Scrappy Trip Around the World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! Worth the effort from what I see!

    ReplyDelete