Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sampler Quilt

Our guild (Tennessee Volunteer Quilt Guild, Martin, TN) met in the Martin library for years and one of the librarians has cancer.  We decided to make a throw quilt for her.  Members contributed 12-1/2" blocks and I put them together and quilted it for her.  I sewed the binding on with the longarm and now it is ready for one of the members to do the handstitching of the binding. 


I am always surprised when I get a mishmash of blocks -- none go together at all -- and then you come up with a sashing and - BAM - it comes together. 
This is on my machine now:

Stay tuned because I am going to post a BOM beginning in January, 2012.  You will need 3-1/2 yards of a dark fabric and 2-1/2 yards of a lighter/contrasting fabric.  I am using a solid black and a print.

And here are my accent fabrics (you'll need about 2 yards total -- can be fat quarters.

Sorry, my camera doesn't do the fabrics justice.  But you will get the idea of what you will need.
The BOM will have one simple applique block -- very, very simple -- that can be appliqued by any technique you prefer.  All the other blocks will be pieced.  Join us for some fun!

2 comments:

  1. hi Joyce

    That sounds like fun. I think I will play along.

    Judy S. Gleason, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!

    Siwa

    ReplyDelete