Monday, March 26, 2012

One finished - one more on LA machine

I haven't posted in awhile.  My batteries were gone on both of my cameras!!!  Now I am back in business.  I just finished this quilt -- from a kit I bought in Paducah a couple of years ago.  I don't know what possessed me to do the vines and basket in brown thread.  I'm not sure I like the results but I'm sure not taking it out.  It is bound and washed, so it stays. 


Oh, and the woven basket -- don't do it as it says on the pattern which is Gathering Basket from the book Meadowsweet Home.   I would have had to raise my needle bar in order to quilt it on the longarm, so thought I would just do it on my domestic.  Well, guess what!!  My domestic wasn't exactly crazy about the thickness.  I couldn't get the lines smooth, so I just did a few and then gave up.  It is enough to anchor but it is not what I really wanted.  Next time, I would do an open weave with at least 1/2" in between the weaves instead of them being right next to each other.  Here's a picture just to show that it doesn't look the greatest.

So when this is shown they have to pretend they are a horse galloping really, really fast!
Now I'm quilting my lemoyne star made with the Moda Hope line of fabric.

I'm liking it.  It will take awhile because it is 108 x 110. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your quilt turned out really nice! I have lots of quilts that I think of as "learning" quilts. They are more valuable than a class! I love the quilting that you are doing on he lemoyne star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done with these quilts! No surprise to me, you are just amazing!! I sure miss you being here, but it IS great to still get to see your work!

    If you get a chance, take a glance at my latest post (Debbie's applique ) and see what you think. Your opinion means tons to me!! Take care, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete