Wednesday, January 5, 2011

BOM 2011 and other projects



I said the one quilt I wanted to start this year was The Quilt Show's BOM (http://www.thequiltshow.com/) by Sue Garmon.  You have to join The Quilt Show and I'm not sure how much I pay per year for membership, but this is the third BOM I have done from their site. 
The first month is the appliqued center which I cut out today.  The top photo is the quilt shown on The Quilt Show.  The name of the quilt is Ruffled Roses.  I have selected a chocolate brown Moda fabric by designer April Cornell called "Butterfly" as my primary fabric and will pull greens, blues, golds and reds to accompany it.  The photo makes it look black, but it is a pretty chocolate brown.  I have cut out the appliques so I can work on it at night.  The last photo shows the applique block.
I've also worked on my little 4" baskets -- 181 finished -- and have been quilting on Sherman's March which I am about half finished with the stablization.  Then I will go back and do the micro work. 
I guess you can tell that I get bored doing just one thing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment