Wednesday, June 29, 2011

River Quilting Retreat

I have just returned from a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C quilting retreat on the Tennessee River.  We are so fortunate that one of the ladies in our little quilting group has a son who has a beautiful second home on the Tennessee River and let us have a retreat there.  Lots of quilting, good food and relaxation!!!  Thank you, Nancy, your son, Brad and D-I-L, Betsy.  It was so peaceful and quiet that it was hard to work -- but work we had to do --  after all, it was a quilting retreat!   
Here is a picture of Debbie, Barbara and Nancy.  Sorry it is so far away you can't really recognize them but I wanted a picture of the entire home.

A picture of the sun setting over the river.

Now, why didn't I take pictures of the quilts we worked on!!!  The only excuse is that I was either busy quilting or eating and I forgot to get my camera out until the last night.  Nancy won the prize for accomplishing the most -- that is, if we were giving prizes.  Barbara worked on applique, Debbie worked on a t-shirt quilt and her Crazy Bet quilt and I worked on the 9-patch Gathering Baskets quilt (I bought the kit at Paducah in 2010!) .   Nancy worked on so many quilts (finished a couple!) that none of us could keep up with her. 
Barb fixed a great appetizer from thepioneerwoman.com called Shrimpo de Gallo.   Check it out if you like shrimp because it was out of this world!  What can I say but all the food was excellent!!!  (If you want to read a good blog, check out thepioneerwoman.com for some beautiful pictures and commentary.  No quilts, but she has a lot of good recipes.

Now back to longarming.
I have finished my great-niece's (Chelsea)  butterfly quilt.  These pictures show it on the machine before it was finished but it is ready to be delivered on our way to Knoxville to the AQS July 13th. 



Have a great day!

1 comment: