Monday, December 23, 2013

String Quilt, e and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

My string quilt is finished except for the hand stitching the binding down.  I used C&T Publishing's wash-away applique sheets for the applique.  I'll let you know how I like it after it is washed.  It sure was easy though.  Just ran the sheets through the AccuQuilt Go, ironed them to the back of the fabric, cut out a scant 1/4" around and then glued or starched the edges down and machine appliqued.  I like this technique so sure hope I like how the quilt "feels" once it is washed.  Suppose to wash away to just a light weight fiber.  We'll see.  I did not like how Ricky Tims' wash away applique felt after it was washed.
Enough.  Here are pictures:


I need a better place to take pictures!! 
I used a piped binding on my red, white & blue quilt.  Really like it!

I made this a couple of years ago but since it is Christmas, here is my snowman wall hanging:
And my Christmas quilt (I believe it is a Sue Garmon pattern) and pillow:

Y'all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment