Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sherry Rogers-Harrison Class at MQS

I have finished my lancaster star that Sherry made for all of the participants in the class.  We did a small practice piece in class and had this to take home.  This is how it looked when I first started to paint:
After many days it is finished.  My nephew had four feather pillows that belonged to my grandmother.  I took one of them and made into this pillow:

I love how the painting turned out and it was lots of fun.  And it goes perfectly with my lemoyne star quilt:

I also took the left-over jelly roll strips from making this quilt and made this pillow also using one my grandmother's feather pillows:

There is a video at http://www.youtube.com/embed/gVJLgfUXF9o  I hope this link works.  If you haven't checked out Missouri Quilt Company's web site, you should at http://www.missouriquiltco.com/  She has some great tutorials and lots of You Tube videos if you do a search for Missouri Quilt Company at You Tube, you will find them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment